Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedures Method in Korea: Woman’s vagina consists of muscle tissue, collagen and elastin fibers. When these are stretched due to childbirth or aging, the muscles surrounding the vagina also stretch, causing various female diseases such as vaginal laxity, vaginitis, and vaginal dryness. Not only will the elasticity, contraction, and tension of the vagina be lost, and if the condition left untreated, the wrinkles and protrusions that used to be inside the vagina become flat, which reduces friction during intercourse.
The most common vaginal tightening method in Korea is through vaginal tightening surgery (vaginoplasty). It is a surgical method to reduce the width of the vagina that has been enlarged due to the weakening of the vaginal muscles. Although the result is long-lasting, the pain is severe and it takes almost 4 to 6 weeks to recover.
But in the case of some women in Korea that are afraid of vaginal surgery, they may opt for a vaginal filler procedure or fat grafting method by removing their own fat and filling in the vaginal area. The purpose of vaginal filler and vaginal fat grafting surgery in Korea is to reduce the width of vagina by filling the vagina with volume. It is the same principle as adding fat or fillers to the face to remove or straighten wrinkles and look more younger. The advantage is that the recovery period and abstinence period are shorter than those of vaginal reduction surgery in Korea, but the disadvantage is that the effect disappears over time and the procedure needs to be performed every 2-3 years.
In Korea, vaginal laser is the most popular method for vaginal rejuvenation, which is less burdensome than vaginal tightening surgery (vaginoplasty), but simpler than vaginal filler and vaginal fat grafting. Laser Viginal Tightening (LVT) is a simple non-incisional procedure, and non-surgery. The procedure is performed by using a laser to irradiate the entire vaginal wall at 360º, you can feel the effect of stimulating vaginal collagen synthesis and vaginal tightening.
The advantages, characteristics, and recommended targets of laser treatment for vaginal tightening and vaginal rejuvenation in Korea can be explained as follows.
- Reduces the width or vaginal opening
- Helps restore elasticity by regenerating the tissues inside the vagina
- Short surgery time: 1 hour
- Reduced dyspareunia (painful intercourse) due to vaginal dryness
- Effective in improving bowel movements and urinary incontinence symptoms due to healthy pelvic muscles
- Less bleeding and pain compared to general surgery
- Vaginal contraction improved with just one treatment
- Fast wound recovery, and short sexual intercourse prohibition
- Less to no scarring inside the vagina
- Decreased satisfaction during intercourse due to vaginal looseness
- Feels pain or soreness during exercise or sexual activity
- Doesn’t feel much sensation during intercourse after childbirth
- If you have urinary incontinence symptoms
- Vaginal injury during delivery