Prostate-related symptoms include prostatitis / enlarged prostate / prostate cancer.
Prostatitis refers to various syndromes caused by inflammation of the prostate or surrounding tissues. There are acute bacterial prostatitis / chronic bacterial prostatitis / chronic inflammatory non-bacterial prostatitis / chronic non-inflammatory non-bacterial prostatitis, which can be treated through various tests.
There are methods such as basic test / PCR test / ultrasound test / PSA test.
- Drug treatment: The type of prostatitis and antibacterial resistance are judged and the appropriate drug is administered.
- TEMPRO: This is a procedure that effectively destroys only abnormal tissues by generating high-frequency heat of 50 to 60 degrees and transferring the heat to the deep part of the prostate.
- Magnetic chair: It is a method of applying electric current by generating a magnetic field with a frequency of 40/50HZ in the treatment chair. Treatment is performed 1-2 times a week.
- ESWP/ESWT: This is a treatment method that applies electric shock waves between the perineum and anus. Excellent for reducing prostate pain and relieving inflammation
- Cocktail Therapy: A faster therapeutic effect can be obtained by administering therapeutic agents simultaneously.
It refers to enlarged prostate due to various causes such as aging, heredity, and lifestyle. In the case of an enlarged prostate, it interferes with the normal functioning of surrounding tissues, which irritates the bladder and narrows the urethra, resulting in uncomfortable symptoms related to urination.
* Self-Checklist For Enlarged Prostate
- Frequent urination
- Urination more than once when waking up from sleep
- Does not come out immediately when urinating
- The urine stream becomes thin or stuffy
- Urine comes out when you put pressure on your stomach
- There is a feeling of residual urination
Enlarged Prostate Non-Surgical Treatment
Prostate Ligation is performed under local anesthesia and can be performed within 15 to 20 minutes. Daily life is possible after discharge from the hospital on the same day without wearing a urinal, and the treatment effect can be checked immediately on the day of the procedure. It is a medical technology approved by the US FDA, and it is characterized by minimizing side effects such as retrograde ejaculation and urinary incontinence.
It is suitable for cases where there is no improvement with drug treatment, or when general anesthesia is burdensome due to old age or health problems.
Enlarged Prostate Surgical Treatment
- Revolix Laser: Thulium laser with a wavelength of 2013nm. It does not damage surrounding tissues other than the surgical site, and simultaneously vaporizes and excises. Symptoms such as big prostatic hyperplasia of 80g or more can be treated.
- Plasma prostate vaporization: Plasma prostate vaporization is a method of vaporizing the enlarged prostate tissue by generating plasma at a low temperature of 70°C or less.
- Transurethral prostatectomy (TURP): This is a method that widens the entrance to the urethra by removing the enlarged prostate tissue. The risk is lower than that of open surgery.
The typical symptoms of prostate cancer include frequent urination / thin urine stream / hematuria / blood semen / no urine output / nocturia / frequent urination and residual urine. When prostate cancer has metastasized, back pain, pelvic pain, edema, and neurological disorders are caused.
Prostate cancer has similar symptoms to enlarged prostate and prostatitis, so an accurate examination is necessary.
Prostate Cancer Screening Method
Prostate cancer screening methods in Korea include urinalysis/digit rectal examination, flexible endoscopy, ultrasound examination, and PSA examination.